13 December, 2006

Ljubljana this December

I have to admit I'm one of those Grinches, who doesn't like all the Christmasy jingling. But that doesn't mean I don't like what they do to Ljubljana every December. This year the decorators have outdone themselves again. Here's a couple of snaps I took the other day.

Prešeren square & the Christmas tree

Opera house illuminated with the new bluish light.
(in the early evening it looked stunning, hope you can tell from the photo)

It's all about Euro this December. This greenish monstrosity is part of the promotional feature that is being projected from the city council building to the building on the opposite bank of Ljubljanica.

Otherwise all's well in the land of Slovenia. We are finally getting some winter temperatures. There might be snow in the weeks to come, but there's no sight of it yet. And we've got a new mayor in Ljubljana. He looks like the type of person that will cause a considerable stir.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, i'll have to take your word for the opera houses look, although the other two look cool [Awww. Euro's!]

8:57 PM  
Blogger M said...

When you get here next time I can show you the opera. I noticed that my favourite building - University has the same kind of blush light. Quotin Borat I can say: 'It's nice, I like!'

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home